The maiden edition of Africa Digital Awards has been launched with a call on Ghanaians to pay close attention to the digital space.
The event will train about 1 million youth in various digital skills and about 500,000 women in Digital Finance to make them employable and capable of using technologies to transact business.
Foster Awintiti Akugri, from Stanbic Bank, disclosed that backing the Africa Digital Awards is part of the Bank’s plans to push for a bigger digital transformation for its customers in various African Countries.
The event will include a digital summit and a corporate e-sports event to distinguish and applaud the Ghanaian personalities and corporations using digital innovations to positively influence society.
Mr. Foster Kofi Sam of ThirdEye Media, organizers of the Africa Digital Awards, talked about the collaborations in Africa’s Digital Space and how they seek to push for the Free Trade continental agreement with governments and the private sector to foster a digital economy in Africa.
The Africa Digital Awards Ghana edition is slated for 27th – 29th June 2019.
The various categories for the awards include;
1. Best News Portal
2. Best Use of Social Media
3. Online Editor of the Year
4. Entertainment Site of the Year
5. Digital Artiste of the Year
6. Best Digital Bank
7. Fintech Innovation of the Year
8. Most Outstanding Digital Financial Services
9. Best Banking App for Ghana
10. Best Telecom in Customer Service
11. Telecom of the Year
12. Best Digital Education Platform
13. Ecommerce Platform of the Year
14. Social Media Personality
15. Most Innovative AgriTech App
16. Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism
17. Best Innovation for Health
18. Best e-governance platform