MTN and Aftown Experience Africa have recently launched a brand-new application to produce income for their productivity.

Dubbed the “Aftown Music Application”, the App will allow users to find and download music at reduced rates.

Bless Sefenu Agordjo, Senior Manager of Products and Services – MTN Ghana, declared that the Aftown partnership was part of MTN’s drive to provide assistance to the artists in the industry.

“Our partnership with Aftown is a testament of our vision to give our customers a true music experience, which also allows performers and artistes to benefit from their works,” he stated.

According to him, the launch of this app marks a new era in the music and creative arts industry and will profit all interested parties.

Jefferson Seneadza, Founder – Aftown Experience Africa, talked about how the passing of Ghanaian Highlife Musician, Daasebre Dwamena, inspired him to develop an idea to benefit artistes and music lovers alike.

The Application, which currently has more than 50,000 subscribers, allows users to access music from Ghana and the Diaspora at a cost of GH¢0.20 per day, GH¢0.70 per week and GH¢2.50 per month.

Artistes signed onto the Application earn to 70 per cent of all payments made, with the remaining 30% going to Aftown.